Prior to Detox
How do you know if you should enter medical detox? Do you have to stop using your substance of choice before you arrive? How are you going to get there?
It is a good idea to enter into medical detox if:
- You cannot stop using on your own
- You have tried to quit, but you experience symptoms of withdrawal soon after you stop using your substance of choice
- You have been sober before and recently experienced a relapse
- You lack adequate support at home and you are unsure what steps to take to get started on your personal recovery journey
- You want to stop but you are afraid of going through withdrawal
- You have an underlying chronic physical health concern or a mental illness
Because withdrawal symptoms can start just several hours after the final drug or drink, it is a good idea to enter detox before the more severe withdrawal symptoms start. Most people who enter into a detox program stop using their substance of choice within hours prior to their admission. Being sober is not a requirement when you arrive at detox.
Once admitted to the detox program you will undergo an in-depth assessment that helps the CuraSouth clinical team determine which detox methods are going to be the most beneficial for your unique case. If you lack reliable transportation, we will help arrange transportation to our facility. We understand how scary it can be to commit to a program of recovery, and we are available to help you every single step of the way. Making the decision to seek the professional help you need is truly the most difficult part of the entire process.