Sober Living After Detox
If you choose to transition directly into an outpatient treatment program, you might also opt to live in a sober living home. While we don’t offer any sober homes of our own, we work closely with several sober home operators throughout Southern Florida. Benefits of transitioning into sober living housing after detox include:
- Sober living provides residents with ongoing guidance and support as they navigate early sobriety.
- Residents are held accountable, and required to stay completely abstinent from all mood and mind-altering substances.
- Sober living provides residents with a built-in support system.
- Many sober living homes require residents to maintain a job, participate in daily chores and attend at least one recovery meeting a day, keeping them on the right track in their personal recovery journeys.
- Residents work towards financial independence and learn how to care for themselves before transitioning back into independent living.
At CuraSouth we believe comprehensive healing should begin during the very first stage of the treatment process — medical detox. Clients have access to individual, group and family therapy sessions, all facilitated by a licensed, on-staff therapist. After detox, clients have the option of continuing to meet with their individual therapist if they choose to transition into PHP or IOP. If a client transitions into residential inpatient treatment they will be paired with a new therapist, who they will see regularly over the course of their stay. Continuing therapy is an important component of aftercare regardless of what an individual aftercare plan looks like.